13 February 2009

Jedediah Community Project Series.

I wrote the following for a great program created by Jedediah to sponsor some amazing causes.
Click here to read other stories and vote on your favorites.



What is it? Is it a constant or does it change given circumstances, needs, chemistry? I ask because “it” is what I thirst for. Because I think “it” is what brings you and I together. It allows us to push past our black and white and dwell in the beauty and tension of the gray for a higher purpose. It gives me the courage to say, “I’m right, but that doesn’t mean you are wrong. And what matters is the community created between us.” It leads us to affect positive change in a hurt world.

The satiation of my thirst is the ability of us. It’s the power in shared cause. It’s the passion of righteous movement. The truth in love.

There, begins shelter for the homeless. There, the hands of the Haves reach to the HaveNots. There, clean water flows. There we find the catalyst to move justice from a phrase of the socially minded to a reality in the moment of its need. There is Hope. There is healing.

Help me find it. Help everyone around you find it. Seek it. Find what the world needs and give. But don’t do it alone. Bring us with you. Move. Act. Go.

No comments: