25 August 2009

Sacred Moments Change the World: Part 2

I recently sent out this email to members of Amor’s National Advisory Board:

On Sunday, I will be on a missions panel for a local church. One of the questions I will be asked is;

“Many of us here have been the beneficiaries of seeing our teenagers affected positively by volunteering their spring break to go to Mexico to build an Amor house. How have you seen God change hearts of volunteers or recipients through Amor’s ministry?”

Since a great many of our stories are your stories also, I thought I would pose this question to you as well. If you had two minutes to tell a story about how an Amor trip has changed the heart of someone you know, what would you say?

The responses have been amazing. What I began to see with fresh eyes was a theme of a deeper commitment to act, serve, and change stemming from eyes and ears being opened to the suffering all around us and a true grasp that we can and must do something about it. Please check out these responses to that question and then tell us what you are doing.

Sacred Moments Change the World: Part 2

No comments: