18 December 2010

A Mecca, of sorts.

Years ago I shared season tickets to the Seahawks with some friends/coworkers. They were bad (the Seahawks, not the friends). This was when they were playing in Husky Stadium and one could show up on game day and purchase a ticket for $15.

Bad team aside, it afforded me one of my favorite memories. Ever. I took my dad to his first game. Against the Raiders. In a storm only the skys over Seattle could produce. And our team won. Either because we were soaked to the bone and freezing or cmpletely hoarse from screaming, neither of us could speak after the game. It was truly a perfect day with Dad.

A few Sundays ago I saw the team again. In their new home. With two of my best friends. Nose bleed seats. Feeling the night before. And it was truly a perfect day. I may have teared up a little upon the approach to the stadium.

PS - The Seahawks are now 6-0 when I have been at the game.

jonathan wilson • amor ministries • mobile

No comments: